We offer customized tours for those that prefer to travel independently.
We offer two options for you.
We curate a wine, food and cultural tour for you that is self guided. We provide the itinerary based upon an interview with you. We then make the reservations and handle the details.
We curate a wine, food and cultural tour for you and we serve as your guide each day. We provide the itinerary based upon an interview with you. We make the reservations, handle the details and show you a part of Portugal that you would not discover on your own.
Our recommendation for a typical day goes like this.
– Wake up and have a leisurely breakfast.
– Leave the hotel between 10 and 10:30
– Begin the morning with a little dose of culture – a hilltop village, a Roman villa, the Portuguese Stonehenge, a tour of a cork forest, a visit to a market town on market day.
– After, visit a winery for a tasting and explanation by the winemaker or general manager. The key here is that we only visit places where you actually learn something and taste great wines.
– Follow up the tasting with either a long leisurely lunch or dinner. This meal experience will be highly local, outrageously good and will most likely last between 2 and 3 hours.
We aren’t in the habit of rushing around from winery to winery or trying to squeeze more into a day just for the sake of it.
A sample itinerary is below for a 6 night tour of the Alentejo
" Thank you, Nina & Peter for a fabulous experience in Portugal! We enjoyed every cultural, drinkable, and edible bit of it. As a bonus, we met some very nice travel buddies, and plan to keep the "tour feeling" going with them now that we're all home again. "
" Peter & Nina really made this special. "
" Was so good, I am going again! "